1. Ran a 5k last weekend – the first race I’ve run since 2010 <– yeah, it’s been awhile.
Andrew and his parents (who were visiting) joined in the racing fun, and the rain was kind enough to hold off
– no knee pain
– A 5k P.R. … granted, I’ve only run one other 5k and that was a dog jog, complete with a beagle stopping to relieve himself. But hey, I’ll take it 🙂
2. Just the thought of running clearly wore Sherlock out – see Exhibit A:
3. After enjoying an abundance of rich and delicious food this past weekend with our house guests, my body’s been balancing itself back out with much smoothie-drinking. Three cheers for the wonderful trifecta of kale, banana and peanut butter!
4. The weather has been a crazy mix of gorgeous sunshine and gloomy rain. My cure for the common rainy day? A steamy cup of tea – it never fails to brighten up a gray day. Especially if enjoyed while talking to your dogs in a British accent. I promise … I’m not crazy.
Wierd, yes. Crazy, no.
5. The chore that never ends: laundry, laundry, laundry.
And vacuuming. When you have three dogs, daily vacuuming is a necessity in the battle against dog hair.
Take a day off and the dog hair multiplies exponentially.
Luckily, I don’t have to worry about vacuuming any crumbs – the dogs totally have that covered.
7. Another gratuitously cute doggie shot … just cause I can.
8. This weekend, Andrew and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary – holy schnikies.
We’ll be kicking off the fun with a picnic and some live music tonight (provided the rain chooses to leave us be for the evening).
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!